HHS Releases New health it resources for physicians
Recently, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) within the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released an online Health IT Playbook to answer many of the questions that providers face when implementing and using health IT.
The Playbook allows physicians to select their current level of EHR implementation, and then provides customized resources and information appropriate to that phase.
- Questions to ask potential EHR vendors during the selection process for purchasing a new EHR
- A downloadable matrix you can use to score and compare potential vendors
- A downloadable vendor pricing template to help you compare pricing across vendors who might use different pricing models (i.e. monthly subscriptions vs one-time fees, upgrade costs, etc.)
- An EHR contracting guide to help you negotiate terms and understand the fine print
- Implementation checklists to better manage workflow changes
- Issues to be aware of for data migration and contracting during EHR replacements
- Tools and information on making the most of your EHR to improve care for your patients
- Information on MACRA and what it will mean for your EHR usage
DOs in the news