Osteopathic advocacy in action!
Actions taken by the OPSC Board of Directors during its May 4th meeting will have an impact on osteopathic physicians and patients. The OPSC Board voted to take positions on the following legislation:
- Increase in Medi-Cal rates (AB 366/SB 243)
- Removal of personal belief exemption for vaccinations (SB 277)
- Medical residency development (SB 22)
- New requirements for health plan provider directories (SB 137)
- Expansion of Telemedicine
- Independent practice for Nurse Practitioners (SB 323)
- Independent prescriptive authority for Naturopathic Doctors (SB 538)
More information on the bills listed above may be accessed at www.leginfo.ca.gov.