Below are the admission requirements of Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific (WesternU/COMP). If you have any questions or are in need of assistance please contact the Office of University Recruitment at (909) 469-5607 or visit their website at www.westernu.edu
In order for your application for admission to be considered, you need to have:
|Prerequisite ||Semester Units||Quarter Units||Important Information|
|Biological Sciences w/lab||8||12||All prerequisites must be completed at a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent abroad (exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis)|
All prerequisites must be completed by June 1 of the year you plan to enter the program (if accepted).
College level Equivalency Program and A/P credits are accepted as long as the course credits are specified on the transcript and are class specific.
All course work taken from non-U.S. institutions (excluding Canada) must be submitted to an approved service for evaluation
Although not required, we strongly recommend you take biochemistry (full year)
Although not required, we recommend you take microbiology, genetics, immunology, anatomy and physiology.
WesternU/COMP does not currently accept alternative educational experience or professional training to meet admissions requirements.
|Organic Chemistry w/lab||8||12|
|Inorganic Chemistry w/lab|| 8||12|
|Physics w/lab|| 8||12|
|College English|| 6||9|
|Behavioral Sciences|| 6||9|
- Completed a minimum of 90 semester units from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent abroad at the time of application
- Completed a majority of the prerequisite coursework.
- Submitted official scores to American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOMAS) for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- Scores cannot be older than three (3) years
- Provide proof of legal U.S. residency - *international applicants or non-U.S. residents only*
- Although not required, it is strongly preferred that applicants have earned a BS or BA
- Candidates without a BA or BS are rarely admitted
- Two letters of recommendation
- One (1) letter from a physician (MD or DO only, DO preferred)
- One (1) letter from a science professor or a university pre-med committee
- Enrollment as a full time student (international applicants only)
Admissions is competitive so applicants should submit the best application possible. To get a feel for the competitiveness of the applicant pool, review last years' entering class statistics and read what the admission committee recommends you do to maximize your candidacy.International Students:
WesternU/COMP does not require a separate application or fee, and you should be prepared to meet all of the prerequisite and application requirements as outlined. If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVOS, etc.) WesternU/COMP's International Student Services (ISS) staff is available to help you. Click here to visit their website and learn more.Preparing and Submitting your Application:
Applying to WesternU/COMP is a two-step process. You will submit both a primary and a secondary application for admission.
To begin your application process today or for more information on WesternU/COMP, please visit www.westernu.edu